Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My campmate, the Beer Hoarding Magpie, got me going with this year's project. He suggested a two stage tower comprised of a bottom section of wood that would be climbable and a top section of bamboo that would not. The wood tower could replace our construction scaffolding and provide a viewing platform 25 feet or so above the Playa. With a bamboo tower on top we could probably reach a height of 80-90 feet! Oh yeah!

See some of the work I've been doing so far here:



I'm also thinking this would be a great opportunity to collaborate with the guys that made an amazing piece from recycled disposable camera flash bulb circuits. The bulbs could be mounted on the tower illuminating the Playa below and maybe incorporating an interactive button that would allow all the bulbs to flash at once! Of course a kick-ass sound system would also be required. I'm trying to get in touch with those guys right now - we'll see where that idea goes . . .

Please - leave me some comments and let me know what you think about the project!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn,

You really do have an edifice complex, don't you? I agree, go for height. Who says size doesn't matter? 80-90 feet sounds fabulous!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home