Tuesday, October 24, 2006


I've been working on some ideas for the 6 way connection on the wood tower and thinking a lot about how to actually build this thing. I'm currently thinking I would like to be able to reach each of the connections over head - building the structure one layer at a time and standing on top of each subsequent level to build the next. This limits the length of the vertical struts to about 8' or so.

For the connection I'm thinking about using a 3/4" plywood plate to butt all the members into. It's a very precision heavy detail but the angles and dimensions are easy enough to derive from the 3d model.

Next up I need to build a physical model of the base including the connections. I think this will give me enough feedback to begin building a full scale section.

Check out the little video below:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home